SERVING TETON, LINCOLN, UINTA, SWEETWATER AND SUBLETTE COUNTIES
The mission of the Western Wyoming Healthcare Coalition is to promote and to enhance the emergency preparedness and response capabilities of healthcare entities through:
· Building relationships and partnerships
· Facilitating communication, information and resource sharing
· Promoting situation awareness among coalition members
· Coordinating training, drills and exercises
· Strengthening medical surge capacity and capabilities
· Assisting emergency management and Emergency Support Function (ESF) #8 partners
· Maximizing movement and utilization of existing resource
¨ Fire Departments
¨ Emergency Medical Services
¨ Mental Health Providers
¨ Long‐term Care Facilities
¨ Public Health
¨ Emergency Management
¨ Nursing Facilities
¨ Law Enforcement
¨ Community Organizations
The purpose of the Western Wyoming HCC is to bring together a multi agency and multidisciplinary group of entities and individuals working together to promote, consolidate and collaborate in a unified response to emergencies affecting the region.
The HCC will enhance the region’s ability to achieve emergency preparedness capabilities recommended by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Achieving the emergency preparedness capabilities will give Wyoming health and medical partners the opportunity to continue developing and implementing a statewide strategic vision for health sector preparedness.
The WWHCC is part of a coordinated effort on behalf of the U.S. Federal Government and the State of Wyoming under the direction of the Wyoming Department of Health .